Friday, July 11, 2008

Say "CHEEZE"

I can remember those early months when Andrew and I would lite up with the tiniest of a grin from Taylor-as if to tell us that he did remember us and he missed us. Well it seems like overnight he has mastered one of his earliest milestones...the act of smiling! I can recall the early days of being excited and filled with joy when he would "smile", but then let down because I learned it was just a reflex. That reflex has grown and developed into the best thing that I wake up to every morning. I don't think I've ever loved a smile more (well maybe his daddy's smile)! Such a simple gift to be able to do, and to know that it can actually change someones mood. Of course the progression of the smile has taken 17 months to master, it has been an amazing journey. From a toothless grin, to a toothless smile, to a wholehearted BIG teethy all out smile, to recently a picture perfect "say cheeze smile". One day soon, we'll have a smile with all of our teeth:-)






































2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my gosh the pictures are so so cute! I love the gummy smiles. You're absolutely right about it being the best thing to wake up to in the morning. It always gives you something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest post! I love the pictures and I can't believe how much Taylor has changed in such a short amount of time!