Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Evolution of Pooh

The classic Pooh Bear has been a staple at our house since Taylor was born. A friend of mine gave me a baby shower gift that included a small stuffed animal of Pooh. Since the day he was brought home from the hospital that little Pooh Bear was in his crib. Not because I even thought that he cared about it at that time, but because it was so soft and cute (plus it was one of the only stuffed animals that we had that wasn't made with small choking hazards...ribbons, buttons).
Around six months that little Pooh Bear became Taylor's Lovey. We took that thing everywhere!!! In the car, Mrs. Heather's house, Houston, Galveston, on the boat, EVERYWHERE!

Everyone in our family knows just how much Pooh means to Taylor. A must at naptime and an immediate soothing mechanism if anything goes wrong. Pooh has been so important to Taylor that I actually bought another one just in case something happened to the original (our backup Pooh-so far we haven't had to use it yet).


So far the original Pooh has seen a lot:

His nose (strings) bitten off-teething
Left on Heather's driveway in the pouring rain
Washer
Dryer
Run over by the stroller
Ears worn off from Taylor rubbing them
Hair clumped together from pure LOVE

Can you spot the changes?









Another Pooh item in our house is the Pooh book, "Yellow and Yummy". Ever since six weeks of age that has been Taylor's bedtime book. We definitely wore that book out! He always seemed so engaged in it until about 12 months when he decided that he could choose the books at bedtime. So for about 6 months "Yellow and Yummy" has taken a back seat to "What's Up Duck", "Jamberry", "No No, Yes Yes", and a series of Elephant, Tiger, and Ladybug books.

Until this week...the Yellow and Yummy book has returned as one of Taylor's favorites!!! We read it at least 5 times a day. And it's so cute because he plops himself down in my lap now and wants to sit and listen to a book (a teacher's delight).
The amazing thing is it's a book about colors and Taylor can now repeat the name of the colors once I've read them, and he will point things out in the story if I ask where they are. For instance, "where is the green frog", or "where are the orange pumpkins". He loves to say the word "honey"! I think I'm writing about this in a blog because this was his very "first" book and now he understands it (tears, tears). WOW, how he has grown! It used to be the teacher in me pointing everything out in the story...but now he does it on his own-way cool and a proud mommy moment:-)

Before the haircut-look at those curls:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until Graham chooses a lovey! I still have my lovey and all of the fond memories I had with him. I love you BooBoo :)