Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Final Week - The 36th Week

It's my eleventh week of bedrest and it's my last week of the twins' pregnancy (36 weeks is gestational for twins). Of course it's bitter sweet with lots of emotions beginning to flood in. Somehow through this long and difficult journey I made it to my goal - I'm not a marathon runner but I just crossed the finish line and I couldn't be happier! This was definitely my hardest pregnancy (and my last). I had morning sickness day and night during the 1st trimester. As well as 2 stomach viruses and a cold - a very yucky time. The 2nd trimester was the best because I was feeling good and looking forward to really enjoying the rest of the pregnancy. Then came January 3rd, our first ultrasound and the shock of our lives - 20 fingers and 20 little toes...surprise you're having twins! I don't think I stopped giggling that whole night - can you say "nervous energy". The 3rd trimester has been a challenge in more ways than one and it's been the biggest struggle in my life so far, but my body has somehow managed to keep up and make it to mile 36! We're ready for Monday morning to meet these two little boys that have already kept us on our toes for the last 8 months!

My LAST ultrasound appointment!!!!!! Wouldn't you know it Ryan
flipped again and is back in the breech position!

Having a hot flash while at the doctor's office is never comfortable. But luckily I had Andrew there today to make me laugh and take my mind off of everything!

3 comments:

Mya and River said...

You made it! You're going to hate me for saying this, but man, that went fast!! ;) It seems like you just found out you were pregnant. Looking forward to hearing about the big day! What a wonderful journey this will be. :)

Nancy said...

I know you are so excited to meet the boys! I am keeping you in my prayers.

MySanSouci said...

Yay, Lareina! You are one amazing Momma. You look incredible. I can't wait to meet your boys! Love to you all!