Monday, June 22, 2009

Let the Polling Begin

Along with a new "big boy bed" comes a whole new room. We've been to Home Depot several times to get new paint color swatches and the new furniture continues to be ordered. I love Home Depot for 2 reasons lately... well really 3 reasons. First, they now sell small sample paint jars for $3.97 each (in the exact color that you want). You no longer have to buy a quart and then decide that it's the wrong color. Second, I love Home Depot because they now make a BEHR paint that has primer and paint all mixed together for you. I'm all for shortening the painting process. And thirdly, Home Depot rocks because Taylor is completing entertained with all the "ride-on" lawn mowers lined up outside and all the weed-eaters, power-washers, and leaf blowers inside! An easy way to kill an hour during a hot, hot summer!


So now to the polling question on the left hand side of the blog page. We finally chose two colors that match Taylor's new bed and his new bed sheets. But the hard part is choosing just one new color to paint the walls. Our little family has all voted (including Taylor) but it's not a consensus so that's where ya'll come in. Which color do you think we should paint Taylor's new "big-boy" room, Blue or Green? I'm going to miss the nursery color/theme that we've grown to love so much and outgrown over the last two years! But I'm also super excited with a new decorating project on the horizon.

Notice Taylor's handywork in the lower left:)

Construction Sheets from Pottery Barn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted "blue" because it is so BOY! :)

Wendy said...

I voted green, but love the blue too. You could always do like we did and paint 3 walls the main color and 1 wall the other color. Those sheets are super cute and I think the room will look great with either color!

MySanSouci said...

Marie votes for blue!

MySanSouci said...

I like the green! Enjoy decorating!! Fun, fun!

Sara said...

I voted green too but, like Wendy said, you could use the blue as an accent color. The sheets are super adorable! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Deb said...

I vote for green but really love the idea of using both colors best.