Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Weekend Activities Part 1

On Thursday Taylor had an opportunity to go on an early Easter egg hunt with his best pal, Marie. Many eggs were found and many goodies were sampled from inside the eggs...yummy! Check out the festive Halloween t-shirt Taylor is wearing...we're learning to pick out and dress ourselves in the morning!
























On Friday night I decided to hard boil some eggs in preparation for dyeing them in the morning with Taylor. I was really excited about this because he's old enough now to really get involved in holiday celebrations. Not entirely knowing what I was doing, I had to actually look on-line to figure out how to boil the eggs, boiling eggs for dummies I guess. Watching eggs boil is a very slow process when you're trying so hard to not under or over cook them. Anyways, they came out fine and only 1 broke in the process. By Saturday morning Taylor was ready to "color my eggs"! I bought the simplest kit in case Taylor lost interest early and because I needed a serious refresher class on how this all works too! Needless to say Taylor did not loose interest (quite the opposite) and I was able to color eggs for the first time with my son.









I should have made more eggs in retrospect but I wasn't sure if he was going to like dipping them or not. His favorite part was the dipping part and several eggs got redipped in different colors just so that he could keep dipping them. It was a lot of fun to watch him get so into it.









Unfortunately, a toddler meltdown ensued after the eggs ran out and the dipping was done (note to self: buy lots of eggs). Of course you wont see any pictures of that-very sad when you know that it could have been avoided if there more eggs! The things we learn as first time parents:-)









After the meltdown, we were finally able to finish our Easter eggs. Complete with silly face stickers. Here's to all the parents hiding them around the house tonight since it's suppose to pour down with rain tomorrow morning and here's to doing it all again next year!

Happy Easter

1 comment:

Sara said...

How fun! And the eggs turned out great! Thanks for the tips. Can't wait to do that with Leili next year.