Monday, May 10, 2010

Central Italy

There's no better food critic than a 3 year old!

I would love to be writing about us traveling through Rome and Central Italy, but eating our way through Central Italy (while living in Austin, Texas) will just have to do for now.

"Make your pasta water as salty as the sea"-Chef Danika Boyle

Our 2nd Tuesday night cooking menu consisted of more traditional Italian cooking dishes:
Fresh Pasta-Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms & a side Bolognase sauce to taste-you will never make canned pasta sauce again after doing this recipe-5 basic ingredients and leave for up to 3 hours. DELICIOUS!!! No more red wine in our homemade pasta sauce, the secret ingredient is white wine and milk-who knew?
Arancini-Rolled Risotto balls stuffed with mozzarella and deep fried-YUMMY!
Hazelnut Gelato
**The following pictures were taken on Mother's Day as Andrew and I prepared our cooking class menu for our family and my mom. This menu was much easier to make-thank goodness!! We enjoyed every minute of it, and every bite of it!

The Sauce!!

1 comment:

MySanSouci said...

Oh dear, my mouth is watering! White wine you say...it is funny, I ran out of red wine the other day while I was making my sauce and ended up using white...I did really like the taste better. Glad to know that is what I should be using! :-) What a great treat for Mother's Day!