Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Gnocchi Experiment

Andrew and I enrolled in a 3 part Italian cooking class at Faraday's Kitchen Store. Our first class last Tuesday night brought us to Northern Italy. Our chef is Danika Boyle and she is fabulous! She's at the top of my "I want her job" list because she gets to travel to France and Italy 6-8 times a year doing culinary tours. For a measly $2,500/person (airfare not included) you could enjoy a week in Provence with our chef doing market tours, cheese farm tours, lavender field tours, and my most favorite thing of all... 6 course meals every night!! Until we win the Texas State Lottery, cooking with her on Tuesday evenings will just have to do:)
She walked us through 5 different dishes our first night:
Classic Caprese Bruschetta
Basic Gnocchi
Parmesan Cream Sauce with Butternut Squash
Short Rib
Bakes Chocolate Fudge

My husband of a chef (leagues ahead of myself) was super excited to test try out the new recipes, so off to the store we went in search of the right olive oil and all the other perfect ingredients.

Gnocchi, (N'YO-KEE), is the Italian name for a variety of thick, soft noodles or dumplings. Made from potato, flour, and egg.



























Delicious!-Bravo to the chefs (uncle Tony was there to help roll and cook the gnocchi while I entertained a non-napping 3 year old! I can't wait for tomorrow's class and a whole new menu!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read your blog and known about Italian cooking class. and your blog images also so beautiful. if you want to know more information then please visit here. Italy cooking tours and Italian Cooking Tours