Thursday, March 10, 2011

Drawing

Taylor definitely loves to 'color-in' pictures (most of the time only in green), but he has never really gotten into coloring his own 'made-up' pictures. Since I'm not a doctor, I don't know if this is age specific or gender specific. I have a feeling that it's the later, but I'm not sure. Tonight for the FIRST time Taylor decided that he wanted to draw a picture of his bed on his whiteboard. I knew he was procrastinating about going to bed, but nonetheless I was intrigued. At first, he was hesitant and wanted me to draw the bed. I told him to look at his bed and to give it a try. Drawing the bed was only the beginning because what followed was a picture of his Pillow-Pet Frog, Pooh Bear, and Berry Bear.

Now most of you reading this speak all-things-toddler, but let me interpret Taylor's picture for you...

   
The RED lines are Taylor's bed. 
The BLUE on top of the bed is Taylor's stuffed "bear" Berry Bear.
Above Berry Bear is his GREEN frog - 2 eyes, 2 arms, and 2 legs.
To the right of the frog is Pooh Bear with BLACK eyes - a nose, 2 ears, 2 arms, and 2 legs. 

Milestones are still just as exciting at age four!

1 comment:

MySanSouci said...

I love the pictures drawn by little hands! Adorable. Now...can you transfer that to paper somehow... :-)