Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fish Quest

My summer quest to bake a whole fish in my oven has begun!

You might be thinking to yourself right now, "why is it so important to her to cook a whole fish". Well let me answer that...

It intimidates the heck out of me, and I want to overcome my cooking fears-if you want to call it that. Plus, in a weird sort of way, it sounds fun and I already know it tastes delicious, and it's healthy for you too!

So for practice last night, I broiled a salmon fillet-only 1/4 of the total fish what a bargin.

Before last night the only fish ever cooked in our oven were fishsticks!

Not anymore, and I only had to call Andrew once to make sure I was "broiling" right-"yes, honey leave the door open a little bit", "okay-got it, thanks".

So with Andrew and Taylor out of the house, and a time deadline of 5pm to have dinner ready and on the table to eat before our son lost it emotionally from lack of sleep, I made a broiled salmon with a creamy horseradish sauce, garlic and herb couscous, and a salad.

It was so easy and so fast!! It took 5 minutes on each side and it was done-fabulous. I'm going to do one more fish experiment next week (almond crusted trout) before the big showdown with the "whole fish". Johnson's and Macfarlane's be parpared to taste and enjoy real soon!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm coming over to your house for dinner! This looks very yummy and I can't wait to see the almond trout. I cook fish but it's usually in the pan on on a griddle/grill.