Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Gymnastics

Ever since Taylor learned to walk, I can remember him jumping off of things: chairs, couches, stairs, etc... He's definitely all boy with an added bonus of "no fear" when it comes to things like that (that would be a daddy trait). For the summer we placed him in a gymnastic class for 3-4 year olds at Crenhsaw's Gym. The little tots gets to learn a variety of skills such as: trampoline and running trampoline, rock wall, foam pit, basic tumbling, balance beam, and mat play (walking like a bear, or an elephant). All in all, we have been so happy with the experience. Taylor was so shy and nervous the first week (clinging to my leg for dear life-if it wasn't for BFF Marie I'm not sure if we would have made it to week #2) but since he's got the lay of the land and some confidence about what's going on, he's released my leg from his grasp and has gone in running everyday.

This is all good training for him (and I) for pre-school in two months...
Here's a very rough movie clip of a mat play rotation-I haven't been able to get much because there's no place for the parents to sit and watch in view of their children.

No comments: