Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Benihana Chop Stick Fun!

For my 32nd birthday on Monday, I went out to dinner with my husband Andrew, my son Taylor, my mom (Nana), Uncle Tony, and Aunt Melissa (my brother and sister-in-law). We thought Benihana's would be a perfect place for good food and fun entertainment for Taylor. Taylor did great (completely in awe of the chef and his tricks). At his age you never know what's going to happen when you go to a restaurant. So far in just the past 4 months we've had to leave 2 restaurants because Taylor wasn't having any part of it-feels so embarrassing! Hopefully, we can try Chilis and Jason's Deli again soon!

But last night went great and I had a yummy birthday dinner complete with a fake cake-ha, ha, birthday song in English and Japanese, and 21(?) candles to blow out. Fake cake you might ask?? The waitress brought over someone else's homemade two-layered cake to our table. It was so cute: white icing and pink candles!!! I thought to myself, wow my husband really outdid himself with a HOMEMADE cake-but as soon as I blew out the candles it was quickly whisked away and we were told it was a mistake. Our whole table was in shock because we were all thinking that someone at our table had arranged the surprise for me. Nope, no surprise but a cute cake anyways and a good laugh. You should have seen the look on Taylor's face when they took the cake away... "where is MY cake going?" Actually before the cake was so briskly removed from in front of me Taylor got a couple of quick swipes of icing with his finger-oops!:) I bet it was yummy!




Enjoy a video of Taylor intently trying to eat with his chop sticks-finally got a new camera for my birthday. So happy to be able to take and share videos again! Thanks everyone, I LOVE it!



2 comments:

Sara said...

So cute! I love all the focus and he doesn't give up! Happy happy (belated) birthday Lareina!

MySanSouci said...

Happy 32nd Birthday, Lareina! Looks like the perfect celebration! :-)