Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday

Monday's ultrasound was good. The fluid around both babies was stable and has not changed over the course of a week. Also, good news was that both babies have grown from 1.25 lbs. to about 2 lbs. That's a total of 4 lbs. of baby in my belly...getting bigger literally by the day! The only bad news was that my cervix had shortened from 3cm to 2.5cm. Common with twins since the weight on my cervix is greater than a singleton baby.
That leads us to Tuesday. My regular doctor's office called because they got the news of my shorter cervix and wanted to bring me in for another test. I'm definitely turning into a pro test taker lately. The test they wanted to do would test for the presence of a chemical that is present with pre-term labor. Another cervix check also showed that I was 1cm dilated.
Well then everything changed...
I was immediately taken off of work (what, it's only February?) and I was told that I would be spending the night in the hospital for monitoring (what, how is that suppose to happen, I have a 5 yr. old too?). Well after a lot of crying on my part, we arrived to the hospital last night around 8pm. We had some good news early and that was that the chemical test that they had done earlier was negative (97% chance that these babies will NOT be born in the next two weeks-whew!). The monitoring through the night would look for how many, if any, contractions I was having in a 24 hr. period. I don't even feel the contractions at this point, so hopefully I'm not having many so that I can begin my bed rest at home and not in the hospital.
Today while I'm writing this in the hospital, I'm waiting patiently for yet another ultrasound to check to see if my cervix is still the same length as Monday. If it is, I get to go home. If it isn't, then I don't know yet what could possibly happen then. What I do know is that my first goal to get to 28 weeks. Then get to 32 weeks which is even better! I'll keep you all posted on all the new updates.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am praying that all tests come out well and that those sweet boys stay put for longer than you want! Please let me know if there is anything you need help with or that we can do for you!

Sara said...

We're thinking about you guys and hope you can go home soon! Let us know if you need anything at all!