Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spontaneous Jacob and Ryan

Ever since we found out that we were having twins,
they have been referred to as "spontaneous"-
(twins that have occurred naturally-no fertility help).
Doctors and nurses continually will ask me how they occurred and then
will follow up with they're "spontaneous". The word has a new meaning to
 me now than it ever did before. There are several definitions of the word
but the one that I like the best is: (of natural phenomena) arising from
internal forces or causes; independent of external agencies; self-acting.
Everything around here lately seems to be a little "spontaneous".

Especially the growth of my belly. Last Monday my ultrasound measured each healthy and growing baby at about 2.5 lbs. That's 5 lbs. of baby so far in my tummy! I curiously asked my doctor approximately how much they will weigh at 34 weeks and she said 5 lb. each. Needless to say, there's going to be a lot of stretching and growing around here. Cocoa butter is my new best friend. If only it was warm when it came out of the bottle...cold lotion on a very sensitive belly is not so fun!


27 weeks


24 weeks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that growing belly! So happy that you are about to reach that first milestone of 28 weeks!!!! Grow babies, grow!

Wendy said...

Does this mean we have names for the boys??? If so, I love the names. I am also excited for your growing belly, growing babies, and that they are staying put. Guess your life needed a little spontaneous fun ;)

Lareina said...

Yes, you've all read the title correctly...we've picked Jacob and Ryan as our baby boys names!