Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Montana-Day #3

On day three Andrew played golf at the Old Works Golf Club in Anaconda, Montana (15 minutes away) and Taylor and I swam the morning away in the Hot Springs. The golf course is built around an old 1884 ore production site. It actually has black slag (a by-product of the copper smelting process-I have NO idea what this really means but I've racked my brain to figure it out) bunkers throughout the course-very different & really unique. I forgot to give Andrew the camera to take pictures while he was there so needless to say, I don't have any pictures to show. Their websites has some great pictures of the remaining old mountain "works" and the black bunkers. I did manage to get one picture of a hill of black slag and the old smelter stack. Interesting history of this little town.
Since it was our last night in the great state of Montana, everyone (who didn't have to much to drink the night before) continued the family reunion with dinner and more drinks. That's my dad Greg, Andrew, grandma Karla, cousins Ali & Hailey, and uncle Don.

What's better than a dinner of pizza and 7-Up (no Sprite) when you're 3! Notice the jacket and fire pit...so nice to enjoy 60 degree weather at night!

Don't' you dare try to steal MY pizza!

The kids table again...my cousin Jack is such a hamm! I wish I had taken a video of his "getting-into-the-pool" Sponge Bob style-sooooooo funny Lynette. "Bring-It-Around"..."Bring-It-Around"!!!
Finally, after many scotch drinks for the guys and a lot of laughter, we got a 2010 picture of all the brothers and sisters together. There is a 19 year difference between the oldest brother Brent (my uncle) and the youngest sister Lynette (my aunt). Her daughter Leah squeezed in the shot too!

1 comment:

The Lynch Gang said...

We are so enjoying looking at your blog and reliving our reunion! What a great time we had! I can't wait to meet in Oklahoma at Therese and Roger's pool and "Bring-it-around, Bring-it-around...all over again!!!