Thursday, August 5, 2010

Montana-Day #4

The Glorious Outdoors
(our final day)
A little water and some rocks to throw and you have yourself one happy little boy!

















Before we had to rush off to the airport, we decided to take a drive toward the mountains in hopes of finding some great views, fresh mountain air, and a lake. Let me tell you about the fresh mountain air. Heaven on earth in my opinion. Walking outside and smelling pure pine trees is so relaxing and I swear it takes years off your actual age. My aunts and uncles should know, they look fabulous!
7 miles straight up a dirt bumpy road and still no glimpse of a lake but we did find a perfect stopping spot to play in the creek and take some spectacular pictures. Unfortunately, we weren't alone in our perfect wilderness spot...Montana has huge-aggressive-biting-ugly-flies!! First they swarmed me and then they moved on to Andrew. Time-to-hit-the-road!!


Still snow on the highest peaks.

One of my favorite pictures: the trees are so skinny and so close together...as far as the eye can see.











Looking for giant sticks to throw into the water to watch float under a little bridge. If that were me standing on two different rocks, wearing flip-flops, you can be sure that you would not be looking at these pictures because my camera would have been at the bottom of the creek. I envy coordination and stability. I once fell in a lake with my best friend. I was standing in the same position as Andrew is in in this picture except I was standing with one foot on a rock and the other foot inside a canoe. Not coordinated at all... Not pretty at all... That was so embarrassing!










Sitting on a fallen old tree and riding up the small mountain road on mommy's lap...much better view out my window.

I can just imagine the fresh pine air just by looking at this picture. Can't wait for Christmas so we can smell it again, but it really won't be the same.






















Not bluebonnets but definitely the next best thing.

Watching the planes come and go during our layover in Salt Lake City.





















How to occupy a soon-to-be-pre-schooler on an airplane:
-sit in the first row behind first-class (extra room to stand and move)
-buy him toys in the airport
-fill him up with sprite
-give him Delta Airline cookies
-give him prepacked snacks
-have a pillow fight with daddy
-stare out the window
-play with the window shade
-play with the tray table
-watch Tom & Jerry
-switch seats
-color
-look at books
-sleep(?)
-PRAY that you're almost there.........................if you run out of options just start back at the first thing and do them all AGAIN-yay, fun!!

We had a great reunion and a fun family vacation away from home.
We're ready for 2012 in Oklahoma...we can luckily drive to that one!
Welcome Back To Texas...bummer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time on your trip- it looks so beautiful there!